Quotes

As I grow, I learn and as I learn, I grow
...Towards Becoming a Beautiful Soul

Search This Blog

Tuesday 7 May 2013

MY HEART IN PAIN… NEVER EVER LET YOUR DAUGHTER GO THROUGH THIS






Seriously, my heart is teary right now as I write this article. It is 9:10am (Monday, 06/05/2013) and I suddenly feel so sad about something that has been on my mind for a while now. I am reading a book entitled; ‘The Relief from Distress, an Explanation to the Du’a of Yunus,’ by Ibn Taymiyyah and I have reached a point where we are given examples of prayers by the Prophets, who admit their weakness before asking Allah for forgiveness.

I am thinking, even Prophets, who are known to be righteous were trying so hard to establish a most beautiful relationship with Allah.

Something happens that makes me pause my reading. So much sorrow in my heart that I thought I should share my thoughts in the best way I can; ‘Writing.’ Probably, someone would read and benefit and I would be glad.

We are told by the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) in various ahaadith that when you have a daughter, she could be your source of Jannah. Among these are;

'Uqba ibn 'Amir reported that he heard the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, say, "If someone has three daughters and is patient with them and clothes them from his wealth, they will be a shield against the Fire for him."

‘Ibn 'Abbas reported that he heard the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, say, "There is no Muslim who has two daughters and takes good care of them but that he will enter the Garden."

Subhaanal Laah! Just read that! What a blessing the girl child could be for parents. But do some parents really understand this? I guess they don’t understand that at all. If your daughter could shield you from the Hellfire, then that should tell you that you cannot just give birth to her and ignore her and expect her to be that ‘daughter who shields you from fire.’ No, you shouldn’t.

Aren’t most of our daughters turned to the ‘Slavery of begging?’ When fathers and mothers have refused to take up their responsibilities towards their daughters. They do not care what they wear or how they get what they wear, what they eat, how they get their money, the work they do, and all others.

This reminds me of one key thing about my mum, the moment she sees me with anything that she didn’t buy or any family buy, then she would have to find out where I got it. So, the moment I have something, I have to explain to her how I got it until now that I am matured and very trusted by her not to enslave myself to men and others. It is quiet recently that I bought my own phone which I am very proud of and she also knows that I am able to buy it. But even with that she still asked me. And recently, I sewed a dress for myself, she saw me in it and asked me about it. Is this not what most of our parents are lacking?

Indeed, we are fast to blame our daughters for their easy ways but sometimes, it is our own doing. It is especially sad where the guardians are able to afford a good life for their daughters yet they neglect them to themselves in these times when most men have turned into wolves waiting to devour girls with some dispensable presents, the popular one of which is a phone. Subhaanal Laah! Subhaanal Laah! Subhaanal Laah! Do ponder dear reader! Please ponder!

It saddens me so much and I wish I had a way of stopping this. But how can I? I can only appeal to whoever is reading this article to not just read for reading sake but to really think and reflect and take heed. We have sisters and we sometimes watch them cater for their lives without knowing their source of finance. It is even more painful that some of the guardians tend to accept presents from such daughters and they are proud that they are able to cater for themselves. Subhaanal Laah! What ignorance!

It is indeed very pathetic to witness a girl who prays that someone might give her something so that she could take care of her something when her parents are alive and kicking and have the means to give her that something to take care of her something. Yaa Allah! It is really painful. Why would you as a parent wake up in the morning, eat and leave your daughter to be thinking of what to eat for the day and then she begins to expect calls from the men so that they could get her some money to cater for herself. Subhaanal Laah! Subhaanal Laah!

May be I am lucky to belong to a family that understands that I am their responsibility and they must provide my needs before I even dare think of alternatives, so I could say all these. May be I am lucky to belong to parents who understand that for me to be a source of Jannah for them, then they need to invest in me enough for that to happen bi iznil Laah (by the permission of Allah). But shouldn’t all Muslims who believe in Allah give their daughters this privilege as well if they can? And if they can’t, aren’t there better ways of struggling for survival for themselves and their daughters rather than watching these precious daughters enslave themselves to this social canker?

And it is funny how we do not see how disastrous this issue is to our Islam. No matter whom a woman is, whether ugly or beautiful, rich or poor, there are men who will come after her for various reasons except in rare cases. Some of these men are mostly in to destroy her and leave her in that destruction. Should the guardians not therefore do all they can to protect their daughters from such an unfortunate situation?

Even emotional help for our daughters is lacking. Parents do not let their daughters feel their love at all. The father and daughter are like a cat and a mouse. How could they confide in them with their troubles? Mothers cannot sacrifice for the well-being of their daughters anymore and sometimes, they even plunged their daughters further into this evil. They have caused their daughters to treat them in such a disrespectful manner and it only reminds us of one of the signs of the Day of Regrets told to us by the noble Prophet;

‘The slave girl will give birth to her master.’

And doesn’t a father or a mother find joy in seeing his or her daughter trek a path towards righteousness rather than this shameful path? Alhamdu lil Laah for my family; my mother especially. She is a terrific mum. May Allah make Jannatul Firdaus her final abode. And this is a woman who had no secular education. She called me ‘Masoo iya’ ‘My love,’ ‘Abuya’ ‘My friend’ and other affectionate names and she doesn’t just say it, she makes me feel it and when I am about to do something that is not right, she lets me know. That is not to say that she is not stern; she could be the sternest when she has to be.

And my father, may Allah shower an abundance of His Mercy on his soul, was indeed a bosom friend that I miss so much. He makes me feel his love so much that I cannot simply forget him. Alhamdu lil Laah for him.

Now, I give examples of my family to make a point. We can all be the excellent kind of parents who strive to see that their daughters are provided for and content with life so that they could trek the right path that will lead them to Jannah. But of course, to every rule there is an exception. Some of our daughters could be our test in this life because for whatever we do, they will still enslave themselves to men but let us try hard and harder to be best to our daughters and family as we are told by the Prophet Muhammad (saw) that;

‘The best of you are those who are best to their families and I am the best of you.’

Allah says in Surah At-Tahreem (the Prohibition), Chapter 66:6 that;

‘O you believe! Save yourselves and your families from a Fire whose fuel is men and stones…’

Preventing our daughters from this kind of slavery is to me some sort of salvation for our daughters. Subhaanal Laah! Imagine, a girl trying all she can to get a man to buy her a phone or some food items or pay her fees or take her places, or buy her a dress and others like that when her parents can afford that a thousand fold yet how dare her request that from them because they don’t care and they have made her understand that she must fend for herself as a source of financial relieve for them… Subhaanal Laah! When Allah stopped us from the ignorance of killing our daughters, do we think that we do those daughters any good by letting them live only to grow up into such a mess? Ponder! Really, ponder!

Think & Reflect and never ever let your daughters or sisters or anyone go through this whiles you can.

May Allah reward you with goodness for reading this. May Allah give you the ability to implement this, ameen thumma ameen.

And Oh! Is that not one of the causes of ‘Cohabitation?’

Jazaakumul Laahu khairan brother and sister!

By Rubaba Mmahajia Rahma Sabtiu

No comments: