Quotes

As I grow, I learn and as I learn, I grow
...Towards Becoming a Beautiful Soul

Search This Blog

Thursday 25 April 2013

THE FOUR EXAMPLES: 'WHERE ARE THE WOMEN?'





A lot of the people who know me know very well that I love the last three ayaat of Surah At-Tahreem (The Prohibition). That is not to say that I don’t love the others. I do love everything in the Qur’an even though some of the ayaat scare me to my bone… I guess you too.

The ayaat read;

10: Allah presents an example of those who disbelieved: the wife of Noah and the wife of Lot. They were under two of Our righteous servants but betrayed them, so those prophets did not avail them from Allah at all, and it was said, "Enter the Fire with those who enter."

11: And Allah presents an example of those who believed: the wife of Pharaoh, when she said, "My Lord, build for me near You a house in Paradise and save me from Pharaoh and his deeds and save me from the wrongdoing people."

12: And [the example of] Mary, the daughter of 'Imran, who guarded her chastity, so We blew into [her garment] through Our angel, and she believed in the words of her Lord and His scriptures and was of the devoutly obedient.
Well, well, well…..
All four of them are women, maashaa Allah.

The first two examples are definitely a straight away warning to us. We should not think that because of how great our husbands are in the sight of Allah, we are automatically going to have a place in Jannah. Never! It all depends on what we will also do individually to achieve that greatness.

The situation of these women is indeed a sad one. It is a real disaster! We should all be cautious not to fail like they did.

And then the third woman, Asiya Bint Muzahim. Subhaanal Laah, this woman is an inspiration to all Muslim women. Her story is indeed a thing to keep pondering on from time to time. The wife of the greatest sinner ever gets such a high standard in the sight of Allah swt. How blessed she is. Wouldn’t I want to be like her? Definitely! Definitely! Even though I would never want to marry a man like she did… may Allah swt forbid.

Think about this woman and compare her with the wives of Allah’s righteous Messengers and you will see the ‘Justness’ of Allah in full bloom. May we be like Asiya, who worshipped Allah swt against all odds and chose the hereafter over this Dunya that lasts but for a short while…

And then the last ayah talks about Maryam bint Imraan, Umm Issah (alaihimassalaam). Subhaanal Laah! Allahu Akbar! The Muslimah should indeed be empowered by this woman from all angles.

Allah swt tells us that the purpose for which we were created is to worship Him solely. And Hannat (the mother of Maryam (as)), who had difficulty giving birth had prayed for Allah to grant her a son whom she promised to dedicate to Allah’s worship.

Subhaanal Laah! Allah swt had given her a female instead. Allahu Akbar! He proved to her that ‘a woman could fulfil the purpose of creation as much as the man.’ What more could we ask for as Muslim women? What? Is this not enough for us all? Well, Allah swt sets her forth to us as an example of a woman to follow… Are we following her? If not, let’s do that now!!!

Take heed my brother and sister. Let us ponder! In that lies a lot of lessons. May Allah swt prevent us from being like the first two examples and may He aid us to become like the last two examples.

A BIG FAT LONG AMEEN IN BOLD UNDERLINED…. 

AMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!!!

By Rubaba Mmahajia Rahma Sabtiu

No comments: